Friday, July 21, 2006

The Heart of A Mujahida

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

Yesterday (Fri 30th June) for the first time I visited the graves. We (my friend, my brother in-law and I) had to walk up a long path as if it was away from civilisation and on another world of its own. The grave yard was not big nor was it fancy. I was shocked and taken by how small and simple some of the graves were. The day was so hot mashallah, yet you couldn’t really feel the heat. As we went to the graves of our loved ones we greeted those that we went by. As it was my first time I didn’t know what to do but my brother in-law told me to pour water on the graves. I sat down at one of the graves to read Quraan while my friend went to pour water on some of the graves, I couldn’t help notice how real everything seemed. My mind was playing that one day it’ll be me buried here and I couldn’t help think “how would I want my home to be”. The realization of death was so strong but honestly, at that moment I wasn’t afraid of dieing.

It’s normal to say “I’m gonna die”, but to believe in the reality behind the words is difficult.


Takan from The Heart of A Mujahida blog
  • Takan from The Heart of A Mujahida blog
  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Edward Ott said...

    What a fantastic post. a very inciteful way to write about death.

    10:21 am  

    Post a Comment

    << Home